The mission of the Town of Montgomery Historic Preservation Commission is to protect, enhance and perpetuate our heritage so as to ensure the quality of life in the Town of Montgomery for present and future generations.
The goals of the Town of Montgomery Historic Preservation Commission are:
- To identify and protect architecturally significant properties and properties associated with events or persons or representative of the significance of our past.
- To protect and enhance the Town's attractiveness to visitors;
- To educate the public on our heritage.
- To ensure harmonious, orderly and efficient growth within the Town while respecting our heritage.
The Commission meets quarterly or by request pertaining to the needs of the community and listed properties.
Mary Ellen Matise, Chair
Susan L. Cockburn
Governor Signs First-Ever Historic Preservation Tax Credit
Programs to benefit commercial districts and urban neighborhoods throughout New York State
ALBANY, NY -- 8/22/2006 — Late Wednesday, Governor George E. Pataki signed New York State's first-ever tax incentives for rehabilitation of historic commercial and residential structures, following legislative passage in late June of a significant new incentive that will encourage the revitalization of historic structures in urban and rural communities throughout New York State.
Links of Interest:
National and State Historic Register Information and Criteria
National Register of Historic Places Survey Information
Preservation Briefs from the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation
Technical information related to specific treatments of such historic features as roofs, masonry and windows from the National Register of Historic Places.
National Trust for Historic Preservation
- pdf Local Law No. 1 of 1997 - Establishment of Landmarks or Historic Districts
- pdf Local Law No. 2 of 2001 - Exemption of Reconstruction or Rehabilitation of Historic Barns
- pdf NYS National Registers Historic Places FAQ
- pdf Certificate of Appropriateness Application Rev 3-22-2019
- pdf Town of Montgomery Local Register Properties